Use a Zippered Binder to Get Organized
Sick of losing all your important stuff? Use a zippered binder to get organized. A zipper binder is perfect for storing all your important belongings when on the go.
They come in many different sizes and styles, and are used for a variety of purposes. There are the corporate style binders which are often black in color, and convey that professional career image. At the other end of the spectrum, there are the more casual looking binders which are often used by students to keep all their belongings organized, and are available in many different colors and patterns. One other focus are tech gear models for holding smart phones, Kindles, iPods, IPads or Android tablets, and headphones, though you could also consider buying customized Ipad or netbook sleeves or Ipad cases to hold these electronic gadgets to complement existing organizing systems.
We have scoured the market to look for the best organizational products that are available. We have provided below a selection of popular products to help you get organized. What is currently available on the market range from all purpose casual style binders to the professional looking ones for use by corporate and career types in the office.
Where to Shop?
Amazon is a good starting point to find a range of zipped binders. Then there are more specialized shops online such as Case It. Case It provides a range of colorful products that come in many different colors such as green, purple, blue, black and multi colors. You can customize your preferences by choosing different features to suit your individual requirements. The Case It 3 ring 3 inch zipper binder is one of the most popular models for middle school students.
Besides Case It binders, other popular brands are School Pak, Mead and Five Star. School Pak is focused on the student market for zipped binders and sell two brands – Case It and Mead products. With the Mead range of products, the Mead zipper binder with pocket, 2 inches in a blue color is a popular model. If you are looking for extra durability, then the Mead Pro Platinum Heavy Duty Zipper Binder is also worth considering. If your proposed use is for the kids, then this will put the Mead Pro to the test.
Five Star products are targeted towards the student market and their binders come in attractive bright colors such as red and purple, and patterned designs. Their range of products are available in the 1.5 inch and 2 inch size depending on the specific model and are made from tough, durable material. If you need an organizer that allows you to fit all your stationery needs ie. pens, pencil, papers with ample room, then the Mead 2 inch Xpanz zipper binder would be one to consider. The models with the pencil loops are also rather handy.
At the other end of the spectrum, if you are looking for a more professional looking binder, then brands to consider are Samsill, Franklin Covey, Bond Street and Day Timer. All offer leather bound products suitable for corporate use in a black or brown finish.
Here are some of the important features to consider when purchasing a binder:
- Number of rings -3 ring is the standard for holding an A4 notepad;
- Inches – ranges from 1 inch, 2 inch, 3 inch, 4 inch to 5 inch;
- Removable expanding file – this is usually located on the external part of the binder and contained multi colored tabs or dividers for holding important papers or documents;
- Extra pockets – external zipper pockets are ideal for easy access;
- Angled zipper design; Check quality of zips.
- Color and design;
- Handle straps or shoulder straps.
- Robustness and durability of overall design;
- Capacity to hold stationery supplies – pens, pencils, eraser, etc.;
- Specific requirements to hold tech gear. Check how well padded the compartments are to hold iPods, iPads, headphones and the like.
- Suitability to hold coupons or discount vouchers. Some users of binders love to use them to hold their coupons.
Other factors to consider:
- What breaks first? The first thing to go are usually either the rings or zips. Check the durability of the rings and zips with different models. If you are an avid coupon collector and plan on using it to hold lots of coupons, and possibly other items such as a pair of scissors and a calculator, then you will need an extra durable model.
- Overloading – overloading will shorten the life span of the product. Take care not to overload the compartments. Consider reducing the amount of stuff you are carrying around, and try to improve your organization of items. Hopefully, your binder will last longer for years to come with the proper care.
From time to time, we will also be posting articles with tips and tricks on how to use your zippered binders so that you can get organized at all times, to save time and money.